Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Summer with YaYa and Poppy!

2 weeks just isn't long enough. The kids would have YaYa and Poppy stay forever if they could. But we made the most of the time together. Kids were back to school so we didn't do too much running, just hung out. YaYa and Poppy also helped me get my house in tip-top shape with cleaning and hanging pictures.... I can't thank you enough for that!... I am already behind on both things now!

So... there was some swimming....




Well... lots of swimming. That is what you do in Arizona in the summer!










And there was some napping....:) couldn't leave this one out...
 First day of school... love this pic.
Some good food... too good.
Always a fav when Poppy comes to town.... my famous Pilsbury cinnamon rolls. Right out of the can, but it is a crowd pleaser.

And Pasta Frete.  To be honest, I have no idea how to spell that or if I even pronounce that right but it is fried dough.  I grew up loving it and the boys are too! We made homemade bread and Poppy made this for us.  Brings me right back to being a kid again!
 
Poppy frying the dough.



 Perfection....
Ya-Ya kept the boys occupied while we made it.  Eli is totally into books now. He always wants you to "read  it, book"

 And the kids seemed to enjoy it just as much as I do!!

 Sammy had like 7 pieces!!

 We also did a lot of swinging... or "wing, wing"

And just hanging out...crazy boys never sit still for too long.

 Played video games.


And one last picture the night before they left.
It is always hard to say goodbye. We miss everyone so much. I am just so thankful for visits and that the kids do not skip a beat with knowing who the family is and how important they are in their lives... near or far.
Miss you.... xoxo

No comments: