Monday, August 8, 2011

Back to School!

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!  WAKE UP! WAKE UP! FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!
Sammy was the first up this morning. He said, "Can I play the DS?" I gave in until breakfast. It was his last little bit of freedom.  After all, I wont see him until 4:00 this afternoon. 
 BREAKFAST! Our annual First Day of School Breakfast.... Cinnamon Rolls!
 Lots of Cinnamon Rolls!
 A happy kid!


 Aunt Debbie, Uncle Tom and the kids sent a special first day of school surprise for both Sam and JT. Pokemon cards! 


 It was a hit! They both loved them!  Thank you!! That was so nice!
Good Morning JT! I had to wake him up!
 Wait a minute.... Pokemon Cards?!





Sweet! 







The boys.












The backpacks ready to go.













And the big school boys ready to go.






 Mario Kart Backpack for Sam... OF course!


 And a reversible Transformers backpack for JT.

 This year they will go to the same school! JT will be there until 11:30 everyday and Sam will be there all day. It is nice to know they are at the same place.  They like it too!


On our way to school!





Ready to go....




 and a little nervous.  :) Gotta love my boys.

Waiting in line at Kinder-Prep!
 Name tag on and attendance stick in hand.
 After answering his daily question (How are you feeling today?  Excited, Happy, Grumpy or I don't Know... He chose Happy) he sat down to do some patterns. He is a pro at patterns.  We left after this but walked back by after dropping Sam off to see him going out to the playground telling the teacher, "I already know this playground!" It was Sam's playground the last 2 years. :) He is going to have a great year! We are so proud of him. I can't wait to see how much he grows! What a sweetie.


 And off to FIRST GRADE!  WOW! Where did the time go? I can not believe Sammy is going to first grade and turning 7 this week! I can't believe what a wonderful boy he is and he continues to amaze me everyday. We are so proud of him.  This year we have all been a bit apprehensive due to the fact that he isn't with the teacher, and more importantly with any of his buddies from last year. We are fighting it. But he put on a brave face and went in anyway.  He is such a great kiddo.  




Here he is walking to 1st grade... leading the way!




In front of Mrs. Smith's door.
A bunch of kids who are in his class this year that he knew from last year. Most of them girls... hence the nervousness about friends.
 His buddy Konner. Konner is in the class that we thought we would be in.  Sam is having the hardest time with him not being in his class. Their classrooms are right next door to each other. So when they saw each other they got one picture together. Notice the more eased smile than in the other ones.  My baby... I miss him.


In the classroom. Paying attention. He is a great student.

And that was it. That is how we left him. Busy doing his work. :)

We came home to just Eli.  He was enjoying all the attention being directed on him. Although I have a feeling that will change once this becomes the norm. He loves his brothers and will miss them.  Today, he was ready to be like his brothers and go to school too.  He got his Buzz Backpack and was ready to go.  Yes, he is naked. He has been doing the potty thing and takes off his own diaper.  So... here he is.  What a little cutie.

No comments: