Monday, October 5, 2009

2 weeks past already? Firefighters, Soccer, Football, Otis...to Name a few!

I didn't realize it had been 2 weeks already! Time flies when you are having fun, right? :) This is what we have been up to...

Sam's football Game 9/26. Colts vs. Bears. His team is very young... they have been having some trouble putting points on the board, but Sam is still having fun. They lost 26-0. But Sam got 2 flags last week, so he was excited about that!
Finally.. I got a picture of him getting his flag and holding it up. :) SO cute... You gotta see it in person!
Sam's team finally got their jerseys, and JT insisted on wearing the Adult Small T-shirt they had given to Sam's team to wear for the games! It went down to his ankles, but he loved it!
Huddle - Sam doesn't always pay attention to the huddle when he is on offense... He is usually center so he figures, why bother!?
HUT
2 Fridays ago, we went to the fire station with our friends. One of Kelli's neighbors runs an in-home pre-k and scheduled a trip that she said we could tag along to. So, JT got to visit the firemen and I got some pictures on my phone.


After this trip, he said he wanted to be a fire fighter for Halloween. Of course that has changed about 5 times since, but it is still in the running!
Otis.
This dog is a pain, but we love him. The other night after the kids had gone to bed, he came running into the living room like this...
He has taken over where McKenzy left off as far as the food thing goes and he had gotten his head stuck in an empty plastic wrapper for a Cheez-It box. Serves him right!

And this is him wanting so badly to visit with our friend, Gavin. He LOVES babies and I know we are in trouble when our little guy comes. In this picture I had told him he couldn't got on the square. The good thing is he listened, but look at how pathetic he is!

JT has been taking up a new hobby... Photographer. Every time we have it out, he snaps a few pics. I will NOT post all his shots (namely the ones of me! :) ) but here are a couple.

Last Wednesday, Sam had "Shadow - a - Kindergartener" day at school. He asked to have Matt go with him (broke my heart, but I didn't let that on to him) Anyway, the good dad Matt is, took the day off and was very happy to go with his boy. They have really been bonding over wrestling and football lately.
JT was a little upset that he didn't get to join the boys. So he jumped in the pic too. These are before they left for school. Of course, Matt wouldn't bring the camera to get pics at school (I would have, but I am a dork)... so these are all I got.

Thursday at JT's preschool, the fire fighters came with their Ladder truck. This is the 2nd time JT got the pleasure of hanging out with the firemen.



Here he is with a few buddies from class.
SOCCER! Finally! Poor JT has sat through countless wrestling and football practices and games. He has been begging for his soccer to start with his coach, Dad! Matt even started practices earlier than usual to satisfy his desire to play a sport. He was so excited. Here are a few shots before practice on Friday night.

At practice. He is quite the little soccer player. He dribbles and stops. Sam even joined in for a bit.

He has a few buddies on the team already - Jordan and Owen.
And then... Sam and Jackson (Jordan's brother and Sam's buddy) decided they wanted to go play with the big boys down at the other end of the field. All of a sudden, JT realized this and he decided he too, was a big boy and that he belonged down there. I had to go get him and bring him back to his practice. At this, he began to cry and would NOT go practice with his team. After practice he said, "That soccer is stupid. I play with the big boys." We will see how this Friday goes?
Football 10/3. Colts vs. Saints. Again, we got destroyed... I think the final was 41-0? I lost count! Anyway, he still had fun!
He got 3 flags! And I think there was only like 6 total pulled, so we were super proud of him!
And he even got to run the ball once. :) He looks really determined!
And center again.
So, we have been keeping busy. No baby yet (obviously) I am pretty uncomfortable most of the time, but at least it is starting to cool down here.
We did have an eventful week with our house though... the other day, I came home to water pouring out of the pool filter and flooding our street. It drained half the pool. That was fun! Matt, my pool boy, got it taken care of quickly though! And the other day, I smelled an electrical burning coming from our refrigerator. Matt had to go out and buy a new one. It is something we have wanted anyway, but when you are forced into it, it can be a little frustrating! So the best part is after turning off the old fridge for the day, when we plugged it back in it stopped smelling! Gotta love it!

Until the next drama....

No comments: