Monday, January 5, 2009

Our Last Week in NY

Well, it is surprising how fast 3 weeks passes. It is still a hard thing to say goodbye. Sam and I have already been a little sad for the last couple of days. Over the last week we have all gotten sick... and when I say all, I mean, Ya-Ya, Poppy, Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins! Yeah, that was a family friendly stomach bug! Here is the updates since Christmas.

TODAY: The day before we leave to go back to AZ... We have really tired these boys out.
New Years Eve - The Making of the Pies. Our traditional New Years Day dessert is my homemade pies. I had a helper this year. JT was passed out after all the sledding. I didn't get any pictures of the night with all the family... I stink!

Check out the messy chef... look on the floor!

All Smiles!


Kisses, too!



Sam can do it all!

New Year's Eve Storm = SLEDDING!
The boys were too excited to break out the sled Aunt Lisa got them for Christmas. When the snow started fallin' again, they were ready! And thanks to the other Ricci clan, Daddy was ready too. Not me... Even though I grew up in this, I don't find much enjoyment in standing in the freezing cold. Call me crazy?! So, I drove up and took some pictures then left!! :)

This is Hayden, Matt, Jake and Fred at the top of the hill.

I can't even tell who that is! And yes, for you Arizonians... this is a DIFFERENT storm on top of the one I already posted!! ahhhhh... Rochester, NY! Come visit!


This is Jake helping Sam get up the hill. It took a while!

The sled in the middle at the bottom is Matt and JT. JT had fun sledding but was a little tired of the cold. When you asked him about sledding he said, "My hands were COLD!"
Saturday, Dec. 27th This is what it looked like prior to the storm. Snow was actually melting... you can see some green! But the winds were getting up to 50 miles and hour and Poppy and JT buckled down for the storm by putting all flyable things in the shed.
A very proud little helper with his Poppy.



Get Together with Friends. We are fortunate enough to stay in contact with a few close friends here in Rochester, and we were able to see a few of them. Everyone got sick, so we made it a small gathering. Thanks Sarah and Jay! It was great to catch up! The boys had lots of fun with Jack.


1 comment:

Lauren said...

Has it really been 3 weeks? Sheesh. It will be fun to see you at the school this week again. :) It's always hard to leave your family, too. Snow? Holy cow. Grace would LOVE it.