Friday, June 11, 2010

School's Out For SUMMER!!

I know I am a couple weeks late on this post, but better late than never! I thought you were supposed to have more time on your hands when summer came!? We have been going non-stop. I will blog about that later, but first I need to share the boys at the end of school performances.

We started off the last week of school on Tuesday with JT's Summer Birthday celebration. Since he would not be in school on his birthday, he brought in cupcakes to share with the class. He chose Shrek 4 cupcakes because it was the new movie out then. He was so cute in his little birthday crown and all! I got there early and took a couple of shots of him playing outside with his classmates at recess.


On Tuesday Night, Sammy's class was asked to perform at the 8th grade promotion ceremony. His class sung and signed, Imagine by John Lennon. It was amazing. Here he is with his classmates and teacher.

Our shy little man.
Signing the song.
Our festivities continued on Wednesday when Sammy had his end of the year performance in his classroom. I tear up just thinking about it still! He is so big and we could not be prouder of him!! We have a bunch of videos under to show what he did. They do not do it justice. It was completely kid run. His teacher, Mrs. Sanguigni was absolutely amazing and this performance was just the culmination of a wonderful experience.
This is the page Sam illustrated in the book they gave to their teacher.
Video of them signing "The Days of the Week"
Video of Sam's speaking part. :) He was so nervous but he got up there and said it loud and clear. You may not really know how difficult that was for him, but I can tell you... it took a lot of courage on his part. Again, so proud.


Mrs. Sanguigni asked each of the kids what they wanted to be when they grew up. I had no idea what Sam would say... He always surprises me.

Finally, the class gift to their parents was the singing and signing of "Its a Wonderful World." Again, I was in tears. I am in awe of everything Sam learned this year. This was just another example of that. :)


The end of the performance... JT couldn't wait to give him a big hug.
Brothers. :)

Eli was there too. :)
A picture with his wonderful teacher, Mrs. Sanguigni. JT didn't want to be left out!!
So, we had to zoom in a bit to get a solo shot. :) Sorry, buddy!

This was the last piece of homework Sam did for his teacher. He could create a mind map about anything. He chose his teacher. Like I said, she was pretty great!
On to our final day of school... Thursday.
We made the teacher movie gift bags for their end of the school year present. JT was so excited to give them to his teachers. Here he is going into his classroom.


And giving them to the teachers. You can't see his face, but he is beaming.
A picture of what they looked like.... Movie passes and some candy.

JT had his final performance and party on this day. Here he is playing Candyland with one of his teachers.
And decorating a cookie to eat. :)

On the carpet with his friends.
His buddy Owen... Great pic! I had to include it! This was after one of their songs.
JT singing... "First to The Wedding was Mr. Pig." Gotta love that smile. :) He is right next to his buddy Jordan in this clip. They have so much fun together.
Here they are singing "Zip-a-dee-doo-daa" This is especially nice because it is the theme song to the infamous, Splash Mountain, in Disney. He has been waiting and waiting to be big enough, and he is pretty close. Here he is with his buddies.... Jordan, Owen and Cody. The cute little girl with the red flower in her hair is Ella, JT's share friend. I should have gotten a picture of them together, but I forgot.
This song is "Slippery Fish." He has been singing this song for weeks, only I had no idea what it was from. I was sure he kept singing ... Great White Truck... but really it was Great White Shark! Still adorable!


Finally, His teacher, "Aunt Bridgett," had a few words to say about our little guy. He was so shy, which no one would expect out of JT. But he seemed to really enjoy himself this year in preschool. We are so proud of him too.
Of course, Eli was there too. He is so good... always along for the ride!

JT with his gift from his teacher.
And JT with "Aunt Bridgett"
What a smile.
Now, Eli may not have a school to go to with an end of the year performance, but he is growing right along too. This was a few weeks ago now, but as soon as he started to crawl, he was pulling himself up on things. The Kid's Computer is one of his favorite spots!!
You can't see it, but he is looking at Sam. He LOVES his brothers!!! They are his favorite.

Of course, he is keeps advancing with every day. He is getting too big like the other two! This morning he actually let go of me and stood for a few seconds alone! I will have more pictures of that later.
But WOW... Why do they have to grow so fast!!?

No comments: