Over the past few weeks, Sam, JT and Eli have been getting bigger everyday. Each of them had something special that I wanted to make sure I highlighted. Eli turned 4 months and is starting to eat food, JT had his spring concert, and Sam had his first wrestling tournament.
Eli is definitely growing the quickest right in front of our eyes! At his 4 month Dr. appt he weighed 17 lbs, 7 oz. and was 27 1/2 inches long! To give you a comparison, at 4 months, Sam was 19lbs and JT was 15 lbs and both of them were 27 inches at 6 MONTHS!! So, we have a big boy on our hands with this little one! Where did that come from!?
He started eating cereal. It is definitely an acquired taste and learned skill!! He is giving it a try. Here are pictures from the first time he ate.
First Bite.
Always a Happy Boy!
Washing it down with a little milk.
Open Wide! :)
Big Smiles for Daddy.
Video clips of him eating.
The next day I tried it with the help of JT. First of all, Eli LOVES both JT and Sam! So he was very happy when JT wanted to give him his bottle.
A little more forced than when we do it... but Eli is no worse for wear.
Of course, my John Thomas, wanted to try it out for himself. (He can't be left out of the action!) Open up the airport...
The taste...
The verdict... a picture is worth 1000 words, right!? I wish I had video too because right after I took this pic, he spit it out!! ALL OVER ME!!!!!! Gotta love that boy!
JT had his Spring Concert for school on Tuesday. Of course, he didn't want to go because that meant that they would miss wrestling! I had to put my foot down and tell him... School came FIRST! He didn't like it too much, but he did it. He was happy to be there once it started though. We went to the store and he picked out his own Spring outfit. Then I tried to get a recent picture of the boys together... key word... tried. I was alone because Matt was still coming home from work, so I will have to try again! After the concert, we grabbed a bite and went home. We are still working on getting that video uploaded onto our computer.
Before the Concert (trying to get a good picture of all 3 ofthese guys is extremely difficult!)
Eli is always ALL smiles
Except when he goes to a concert... apparently he wasn't too excited with it all! :)
Sam and his best buddy Jackson. :)
I bought the boys new shirts and the suckered me into sunglasses too... here is Sammy - very Saturday Night Fever!
Sam had his first wrestling tournament on Thursday. Both Sam and JT have been wrestling the last 2 weeks M-Th with Coach Quinn. They really seem too like it. I will have to bring my camera to the practice. It is pretty cute. Anyway, it culminates with a tournament so, on Wednesday, Sammy got weighed in (52 lbs of pure muscle!) and they were ready to go. I didn't know what to expect for this first tournament. I thought we might be there and hour then go home and eat dinner... no... it was a real tournament! He wrestled 3 matches. Sammy's first match he won with a score of 13-2. Matt said it was more, but that is what the scorer's table had it as at the end. The last 2 matches he won with a pin! The last match was his toughest. The kids definitely looked bigger than him so Sam had to slow down and really use what he knew. The other kids he was able to use his strength and it just wasn't working on this guy! So, finally he took his double, took the kid down and pinned him!! It was so exciting! It brought me right back to when Matt was wrestling.. I couldn't help but yell out instructions to him! At the end he was soooo proud and excited. I only video taped it because our camera wouldn't take good pictures or video from that far way, so Matt put that on Youtube... the links are below. I do have the one picture I texted everyone...

The Gold Medal up close.

These are the links to youtube to view the videos of Sam's wrestling matches. The videos were too big for the blog so we had to put them on youtube.
This is his final match. He won with a pin!
This is his first match. He won 13-2!
The slideshow of trying to get a good picture of all 3 boys before the concert...
Then a slideshow of Eli. I had him on his changing table (his favorite place) and he started posing... adorable.









2 comments:
Eli's smile is just adorable!! What has happened??? I swear JT is all of a sudden looking SOOO much older to me???
i dont think its just a coincidence that their coach is coach quinn. destiny?.... i think so
Post a Comment